[Review] Two-way Street - Lauren Barnholdt

Title of Book : Two-way Street
Author : Lauren Barnholdt
Publisher : Simon Pulse

There are two sides to every breakup.
This is Jordan and Courtney, totally in love. Sure, they were an unlikely high school couple. But they clicked; it worked. They're even going to the same college, and driving cross-country together for orientation.Then Jordan dumps Courtney -- for a girl he met on the Internet.It's too late to change plans, so the road trip is on. Courtney's heartbroken, but figures she can tough it out for a few days. La la la -- this is Courtney pretending not to care.But in a strange twist, Jordan cares. A lot.
Turns out, he's got a secret or two that he's not telling Courtney. And it has everything to do with why they broke up, why they can't get back together, and how, in spite of it all, this couple is destined for each other.


I read a free copy of Two-way Street at Pulseit.com. Two-way Street is funny. With Courtney being serious and goody two-shoes while Jordan likes playing around. I like the idea of these two being ex-lover and have to go on a trip alone. Their differences make the trip fun ... and emotional. I like this couple. I soooo want them to be together in the end. I don't usually like a bad boy character, but I like Jordan.
I laughed while I was reading this book. Two-way Street is written from two point of views, Jordan and Courtney which is cool because that way, the reader could understand the situation from two perspectives. There are chapters where the story is being told by Courtney or Jordan before the trip happens. There are chapters where they are in their trip too. Sometimes, the whole time frame changing got me annoyed because at times I wanted to know the next event on their trip but then the chapter end and the next chapter takes us back to the 'before trip'.
The weird thing is Courtney and Jordan broke up because of Courtney's father and it happened before the trip. So why would Court's father still let her go on with the trip ? Maybe if he didn't let Court go, it would make him looked suspicious. Whatever. I'm trying to not over think it. This book is supposed to be a light summer reading, isn't it ? I still want to read the companion novel anyway. Because I like Jordan, and it's said that he'll appear in the companion novel. So, why not ?




1 comment :