Musing Mondays #4 (15 July 2013)


Musing Mondays is a meme which hosted by Should Be Reading.

Today’s Musing Mondays asks…
What do you think of books that give you recommended reading lists? Do you read them? Do you use their suggestions? Why/why not?{eg. “THE BOOK OF BOOKS: The Continuously Updated Book Guide to Recommended Reading...” or “BOOK LUST” by Nancy Pearl}

My answer :

Honestly, this is the first time I know that there are books which give reading list recommendation. So, no, I don't read them because I've never found one of those books. But if I ever found that kind of book, I think I would read it. Just out of curiosity. That doesn't mean that I will surely use their suggestion. It still depends on what kind of books that they suggest. I open to any kind of books but sometimes I could get a bit picky. Like Goodreads' recommendation list, I'll still look for the information of the books they suggest and decide whether those books fit my taste or not.


How about you ? feel free to share your answer in the comment below or leave a link to your Musing Mondays :)


5 comments :

  1. I mused on a different subject. Come over and see my musing. I would love to see your comment.

    Musing Mondays

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Jo, I rambled off on a subject of my own! That said, I do like Goodreads lists. They do inspire me to add more books to my groaning TBR

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've discovered some unexpected new favorites from looking at the recommended reading list on the back of books. :)

    Andrea K. @ Books and Bindings
    Monday Madness
    Musing Mondays

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also check Goodreads' recs but I only read a book if it interests me :))

    my mm post: http://bookskeepmesane.wordpress.com/2013/07/15/535/

    ReplyDelete
  5. same with me. I don't take their suggestions right away. I always read the books description first

    ReplyDelete