Top Five Books I Want to Re-read

Source
Hello fellow readers! This post is part of Top Five Wednesday, which is a weekly feature created by Lainey from Gingerreadslainey but now is hosted by Sam from ThoughtsOnTomes. More information about T5W is provided at its Goodreads group page. This week's topic is five books that you want to re-read. Before getting into the list, I want first to disclose that I won't include Harry Potter in this list because ... well, duh. So here are the books (besides Harry Potter) that I want to re-read.

1. Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov
I think it's more of a finish read than a re-read with this one. I read Lolita back in high school and I DNF it. It bored me. So I want to re-read it and finish it the next time around.
2. The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald
The Great Gatsby is one of my favorite books. It's set in a glamorous (kind of) and exciting era. I like reading about jazz era. I read it once and I want to read it again slowly and really savor it. Because I know there's a symbolism and whatnot in this book that I'd love to explore the next time I read this book.
3. Norwegian Wood - Haruki Murakami
Haruki Murakami is probably one of the most popular authors out there. He's a beloved author and I haven't read many of his books. I've only read his short stories published in The New Yorker and this book. I love this book and its tone. It's a coming of age book. It has kind of somber and nostalgic feeling about it. I love that kind of book. Perfect for reading on a rainy day.
4. The Realm of Possibility - David Levithan
The Realm of Possibility is the first book written in verse that I've ever read. It's easy to read, simple, yet beautiful. It makes me want to venture more into the verse books area. This book has 20 characters. It sounds a lot, doesn't it? You'd be surprised at how well David Levithan tells each story without overshadowing another. Highly, highly recommend it.
5.  Solanin - Inio Asano
I include a manga on this list because that's just how much I want to re-read this one. I feel like I've said a lot about this manga on this blog, so I won't talk about it more. The thing is, I'm currently at the point in my life where I could relate to the story in this manga the most. So I would love to re-read this manga.

There you have it. Have you read any of these books? Is there any books that you like so much you want to re-read them? Feel free to leave a comment below. Anyway, have a nice day!

No comments :

Post a Comment