Top Five Books I'm Intimidated By

Top Five Wednesday is a weekly feature created by Lainey from Gingerreadslainey. Starting from April the feature has a new host, Sam from ThoughtsOnTomes. All of the information about the feature can be viewed at the T5W goodreads page here. This week's topic is books I'm intimidated by. I pick these books from my TBR list. I haven't read any of them because I'm intimidated by them (hence the inclusion in the list). So these are the books:


House of Leaves - Mark Z. Danielewski
Horror/mystery is one of my favorite genres. So of course I put this book on my TBR list. House of Leaves is basically a book about a house that's bigger in the inside than how it looked on the outside. It's a big book and it has unusual format. Some pages have footnotes with a lot of words which I suspect will take more time to read.

The Luminaries - Eleanor Catton
The Luminaries is 2014 Man Booker Prize winner. Although the synopsis sounds really vague to me, this book still intrigues me. People who've read them said that it's good too. But some of them said that this book can be confusing. Not to mention it's humongous. I also heard that the chapters' length reflect the moon phase. So it started off with a very long chapter then they become shorter and shorter. See why I put it on this list?

Mistborn: The Final Empire - Brandon Sanderson
I heard a lot of good things about this series. I love a good fantasy series. But it's a big book and it's a series. I like marathoning my series. Which means three big books. I'll read it eventually. I hope so.

Go Set a Watchman - Harper Lee
It's one of the big releases of 2015. It's promoted as the companion to To Kill a Mockingbird. There's a lot of controversies prior to the release of this book. Some believe that this book shouldn't be released after all. Some are just glad that they got another Lee's book. Some dislike this book because it taints To Kill a Mockingbird. I've been following this book's story through BookRiot podcast. Boy, isn't it interesting. I'm just afraid that reading this book will change my opinion about To Kill a Mockingbird in a bad way.

Pretty much every Shakespeare's play
I have never read a Shakespeare's play ever. Or watch any of the adaptation. I believe The Lion King is the closest thing to a Shakespearean experience for me. I didn't learn Shakespeare at school. English isn't my native language. They taught me English at school, but it was all grammar no literature. I tried reading Romeo and Juliet once but ended up not understanding whatever's going on. I still want to read it though. I just feel that I need to dedicate special time to read and understand it.

So there you have it. Have you read any of these books? Do you have suggestion on which book I shouldn't be intimidated by? Feel free to leave your answer in the comment section below. Have a nice day!

No comments :

Post a Comment