Top Ten Best Books I Read in 2015


Hi! It's time for Top Ten Tuesday again. The year almost ends which makes it the perfect time to kind of wrap up my reading year. Today's topic is best books I read in 2015. I include mangas in this list. Because why not? These are good mangas and they are in book form so that counts, right? Anyway, I made this list in chronological order from the oldest to the latest I read this year.



1. Bartimaeus Sequence Series by Jonathan Stroud
    The first one on my list is a series. I don't mean to cheat but the series is just so good I can't choose which book I like best. It's fantasy mixed with a bit of dystopia which makes the series a page turner. Some people often compare the series to Harry Potter but I can assure you, It's different. This series is darker and provide different take on the magic system. Also the ending, ugh unforgettable.
2. Solanin by Inio Asano
   Solanin is about Meiko Inoue, a recent college graduate who works as an office lady. she’s in a transitional period from college student to a responsible adult with bills to pay and all. She’s confused, not knowing what she wants to do. She's struggling to choose between following what people usually do and doing what she actually wants which I find relatable.
3. The Boy in The Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
    The Boy in The Striped Pajamas tells a tale about the horror of holocaust. It talks about dark and heavy issue, but it’s told from a nine years old boy's point of view. This is the kind of book that I think everyone should read at least once.
4. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
    Before I Fall actually is a sad and depressing book. It's slow paced and can be boring especially because the whole book is basically repetition of the main character's last day. But this book has a profound message and the writing is beautiful.
5. Wonder by R.J. Palacio
    Wonder is a book about bullying. I'm pretty sure most of you already know about this book. It's a middle grade book so it's pretty fast and easy to read. People should read Wonder cause it has good message.
6. Every Day by David Levithan
    Oh I just love this book. I've never read anything like this book before. This book has an intriguing premise. It touches on tough issue but executed in a way that is so easy to read and to understand. The writing is also beautiful; makes me want to read the companion book immediately.
7. An Ember in The Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
    An Ember in The Ashes is Sabaa Tahir's debut novel. It's a fantasy book set in a world based on Ancient Rome's society. It’s fast paced and each chapter ends in cliffhanger that made me want to read more. It was promoted as a stand alone but apparently there will be a second book coming out and I can't wait to read it.
8. Love The One You're With by Emily Giffin
    I know that this book is not every one's cup of tea, because of the cheating. But I still think it's a good book. The main character in this book is having the dilemma of choosing the one she's with and the one that got away. Her actions and decisions are almost realistic and totally relatable for people who's faced the same thing. It was quite emotional for me which is why I love this book.
9. The Catcher in The Rye by J.D. Salinger
    Though the writing style is not all poetic, even full of curse words; this book is still one of the best that I read this year. I've actually posted a review of this book here.
10. Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun by Izumi Tsubaki
      Second manga I include on this list. I just have to mention this one. It has been adapted into anime series. I watched the anime first and it's hilarious. So I decided to read the manga because the anime has ended (still hoping for the second season though) but the manga is still on going and I need more! This manga series is fun, the characters are quirky and funny. It plays on different typical shoujo manga character tropes and cliches. Oh it's just a bucket load of fun.

So that's all ten best books I read in 2015. What's yours? Do any of the books here also on your list?

No comments :

Post a Comment