[Review] In The Bag - Kate Klise

Title of Book : In The Bag
Author : Kate Klise
Publisher : William Morrow Paperbacks

A European vacation. A luggage mix-up. A note from a secret admirer.
Meet two single parents who think they're too busy to date. 
And two teenagers who can't stop writing flirty emails. 
This is a tale of connections—missed and made—in a universe that seems to have its heart set on reuniting Ms. 6B and Mr. 13C.
Webb
I can't believe I picked up the wrong bag at the airport. My dad is never going to let me hear the end of it.
Coco
I don't understand why Mom told me to pack my worst underwear. And now I've lost my bag? Ack!
Andrew
I cannot stop thinking about that woman in seat 6B on the flight to Paris.
Daisy
I don't have time to worry about the creep sitting in 13C who slipped a note in my purse. I have to find my daughter's missing bag before this ruins our vacation.
In the Bag is a smart and stylish story that explores the old-fashioned art of romance in a modern world, where falling in love can be as risky as checking a bag on an international flight. Buckle your seat belt—it's going to be a bumpy vacation!



In The Bag is a book about two small families who’s in a road trip. The Sprinkles, Daisy and Coco, is on vacation to Paris while Webb accompanies his dad, Andrew, on a job trip to Madrid. At the airport in Paris, Coco’s bag and Webb’s bag are swapped. When Webb was trying to figure out whose bag that he got, he found a note with an email address written on it. This email address leads him to Coco. The two then communicates and plans on how to swap their bags back. The highlight of this book isn’t only Coco and Webb. Apparently, Andrew is secretly attracted to Daisy because of a little accident on the plane. A coincidental meeting at an art exhibition in Madrid then furthers his feeling and makes it mutual.
This book is told from four different perspectives. One chapter is written for one perspective. When I said different, I mean really different. We have teenagers, male and female. We also have adults, male and female. Yet Klise did a really good job in channeling each perspective. She doesn't confuse one another’s thought. The characters are easy to love. Such as Coco with her moody and sarcastic remarks and Webb with his humorous and laid back style. In some ways, Coco kind of reminds me of Hillary Harrison from TV series Trophy Wife. They are both ambitious and perfectionist in a funny way.
The events on this book happen in a span of a week. This book is divided into several parts where each represents one day of the week. There are pictures at the start of every part. The picture could be a map, photos, or a to-do list all arranged in a scrapbook style which is a plus for the book.
This book combines two of my favorite things, art and food. This book also sets in a fabulous city of Paris and Madrid. Although the cities aren't fully explored, I still felt the glamorous and artistic atmosphere of the cities. The characters in this book also have the coolest job. Daisy is a chef while Andrew is an exhibit designer. It’s like a triple combo for me. So even though this book isn't the kind of book that could change my life, those three details do the work for me.
I really recommend this book. If you’re in the mood for a cute fluffy contemporary book, In the Bag is a good choice. This book isn’t centered on the travelling aspect though but the romance is cute.   


No comments :

Post a Comment