August-September 2021 Wrap-Up & Favorites

August September Wrap-Up & Favorites
Source: personal collection

Hello fellow readers! I'm still in the spirit of catching up with my current reads and watched films and series. Although it's November already, I'm still going to share books I read and my favorite shows in August and September. Without further ado, here's the list of books I read in August and September.

Books read in August


Hallowed Hallowed - Cynthia Hand (★★★)
Hallowed is the second book in the Unearthly trilogy. It took me so long to finish this book because I had some personal problem so I put this book down for a while. In truth, I enjoyed this book even more than the first one. More of the mystery surrounding the angels are revealed. I also like Clara better. Again, what I love from the trilogy so far is how it doesn't put romance in the center like most young adult books I read. This one focuses on the family which hits close to home. I'm excited to read the next book which is also the last book in the trilogy.
Boundless Boundless - Cynthia Hand (★★★★)
Boundless is the last book in the Unearthly trilogy. The series is getting even better. Out of the three, I like this book the best. I like seeing the characters' growth. It has the right amount of romance for me. I love how it asks questions about destiny and free will. Without spoiling the story, I'd say that I like the characters' choices which is not a common thing in young adult books. It's action packed and it's quite emotional. Overall, it's a great conclusion to the trilogy. If you're looking for a young adult supernatural books to read, I recommend the Unearthly trilogy.
Radiant Radiant - Cynthia Hand (★★★)
Radiant is a novella which is a part of Cynthia Hand's Unearthly trilogy. This novella tells the story of Clara and Angela's summer trip to Italy. It sets between book two and book three. Although it doesn't necessarily a must read, it does fill in the gaps in Angela's story considering what happens to her in book three. If you read the original trilogy and enjoying it, I highly recommend to read Radiant.

Books read in September


The Shape Of Things To Come The Shape Of Things To Come - H.G. Wells (★★★)
This book took me two months to finish. This book is actually quite fascinating. It tells an imagined future in which the world is united as one and become a modern state. Peace is achieved and no more war. But the way it's written makes it reads like a history textbook. It can be tedious and exhausting. I've written a full review of this book which will be posted on this blog.

August Favorites


TV shows

What If...?
What If is the latest Marvel animated series available to stream in Disney+. Initially, I wasn't that interested in this show. I watched it to fill the Marvel void left behind by Loki after the show wrapped its first season. But as I watched the show, it keeps on getting better, especially after the Dr Strange episode. After what happened in Loki, I think the series cemented the idea of multiverse into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. All I'll say is, this series makes me even more excited of what's to come in the MCU.

There you go, my August and September wrap-up. FYI, I'm back in my hometown since the last week of August. I'm still in the process of healing myself emotionally and trying to help around my mom. My life hasn't been back to normal and because I'm back home I have to adjust my habit again. That's a little update on my life. What about you? How's your life been? Did you read any interesting books or watching good films or series lately?



No comments :

Post a Comment