[Review] The Walking Dead Vol 13 - 15

Title: The Walking Dead Vol 13: Too Far Gone
Issues: #73-#78
Writer: Robert Kirkman
Illustrator: Charlie Adlard, Cliff Rathburn
Publisher: Image Comics
Publication year: 2010
Language: English
Pages: 136
Rating: 4/5



So I’m finally to the point where what I’ve read past the show. Like Rick, I’m still getting used to this ‘quiet’ moment. The community looks promising, but I’m pretty sure there’s a dark past behind them. For instance, the truth about Alexander Davidson. Though Douglas has told the story about him to Rick. I still believe that he’s not telling the whole truth, or maybe I’m just reading too much into it.
Since the Alexandria story arc started, I don’t know what kind of conflicts to expect. Especially because behind the wall, they don’t have to worry much about the walkers anymore. I’m hoping that now after they all kind of settled in, the mystery behind the zombie outbreak would finally be revealed.



Title: The Walking Dead Vol 14: No Way Out
Issues: #79-#84
Writer: Robert Kirkman
Illustrator: Charlie Adlard, Cliff Rathburn
Publisher: Image Comics
Publication year: 2011
Language: English
Pages: 136
Rating: 5/5



After the ‘quiet’ period in the Alexandria, I finally see some actions. I flew through this one. It was intense. You think the only problems left now that they live inside the wall, is how to manage the people inside. No, it’s not. Nobody care to tell the real condition of the wall. At least part of the wall. In the previous volume, a dangerous group attacked Alexandria that resulted in gunfire. The sounds attract a zombie herd, which makes them trapped inside the wall. Things went crazy. It was a chaos. Something horrible happened to Rick, that makes his way of seeing life change. He finally comes up with new strategies to manage the people of Alexandria so they would be able to survive within the wall; and hopefully, live long. I honestly can’t wait to find out how Rick’ll put his strategies in motion.


Title: The Walking Dead Vol 15: We Find Ourselves
Issues: #85-#90
Writer: Robert Kirkman
Illustrator: Charlie Adlard, Cliff Rathburn
Publisher: Image Comics
Publication year: 2011
Language: English
Pages: 132
Rating: 3/5



In volume 14, something terrible happened to Carl, which make Rick change the way he thinks about surviving. This volume is more about how Rick sets his plans in motion. Nothing drastic really happens in this volume and that’s a little disappointing. The conflict in this volume beside relationship drama is the rebellion. Some people who’s been staying in Alexandria since before Rick’s group came feel that Rick’s group has taken over the community. But even that conflict doesn’t mean anything. It’s not something that Rick can’t handle.
Though Carl is one of my favorite character, I still can’t believe that he could survive the gunshot. Especially knowing that he’s taken care with limited equipments, which makes the whole thing seems more unrealistic. Also, this volume has a weird ending. I’m not sure how I feel about it. I do hope the next volume will be better than this.



No comments :

Post a Comment