March 2018 Wrap-Up & Favorites

March Wrap-Up & Favorites
Source
Hi fellow readers! How are you? We're onto the fourth month in this year. How are you guys feeling about 2018? As for me, I finally read a book that's been on my TBR for years. First, because the book is difficult to get. When I finally got it I was so intimidated by how thick it is and most people said it's good so I was afraid I wouldn't like it. It turns out, I like it. It's my favorite of the month. Anyway, here are the books I read in March.

Books read in March


The Diary of Darcy J. Rhone The Diary of Darcy J. Rhone - Emily Giffin (★★)
The Diary of Darcy J. Rhone is an additional book in the Rachel & Darcy series. It's actually the predecessor of Something Borrowed and Something Blue. It mainly revolves around Rachel & Darcy's high school year. As the title implied, it's written in the form of diary. Since it's set in high school, this book is written in the style of a high school student which is so juvenile. Even as a teenager, we can already see how selfish and not self-aware Darcy is. I think it's short and fun, but not necessary to read.
Heart of the Matter Heart of the Matter - Emily Giffin (★★★)
Heart of the Matter is another Emily Giffin's book that I read in March. Although it's not a direct continuation of Darcy & Rachel's story. This book is set in the same universe with that series. In fact, on eof the main character in this book, Tessa Russo, is the sister of Dexter, the guy that's caught in the middle of Darcy and Rachel. Heart of the Matter also deals with adultery. It's definitely not for those who feel uncomfortable reading about that subject matter. But in my opinion, this book handles it well. I've written a full review of this book which will be posted on this blog.
Night Film Night Film - Marisha Pessl (★★★★)
Night Film is a book that was on my TBR for a long time. This book is also quite difficult to acquire. Most of the reviews I read said good things about this book so I was exited to finally read it. Though it took me a while to read it, it doesn't disappoint me at all. It's so atmospheric that it scared me as I read it. I highly recommend this book. If you want to know more on my thoughts about this book, I've written a full review of this book which will be posted on this blog.


March Favorites


Books

Night Film

Movies

Lady Bird
Source
I finally watched Lady Bird and I can see why it's so beloved by many people. It's simple, relatable, and nostalgic for me since I'm way past high school age. I can't say enough good things about this movie. If you haven't watched it, I highly recommend it.

Music


That's it for March. I'm excited for April because I just bought many books in a book fair. There are titles that's on my wishlist and some are spontaneous buy. I'm planning to continue watching Oscar 2018 best picture nominees. We'll see which ones I'll manage to watch. Overall, I'm ready for April and I hope you have a great month!

No comments :

Post a Comment