November 2017 Wrap-Up & Favorites

November Wrap-Up & Favorites
Source

Hello fellow readers! There's only one month left until new year. Time does fly by. I moved to another city so I've been busy preparing for that. I was distracted and ended up reading a total of four books in November. Not a lot but considering that two of them are about 500-ish pages, I'm calling it a success.


Books read in November


Inferno Inferno - Dan Brown (Robert Langdon #4) (★★★.5)
Reading this book was a long time coming. I've read all of Dan Brown book except for Inferno and he had a new book came out in October. I kept putting off reading this book because of its length. It has more than 500 pages and I'm intimidated by it. I decided to just man up and read it. It was good. After reading many of Brown's books, there's a pattern that I recognize which bore most people. In the end I definitely enjoyed this book. I read the translated version of this book though, so I wrote a full review of it in Bahasa Indonesia.
Lips Touch: Three Times Lips Touch: Three Times - Laini Taylor (★★★★)
Lips Touch is a collection of three short stories written by Laini Taylor. The three stories were written in a folk tales style and I don't know what it's called but it's beautiful. I'm telling you Laini Taylor has a way to invite us the readers into her mesmerizing magical world. This is actually the first time I read her book and because of this book I'm interested in reading her Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy. I've written a full review of this book if you want to check it out later in December.
Journey Under the Midnight Sun Journey Under the Midnight Sun - Keigo Higashino (★★★★★)
Journey Under the Midnight Sun is my favorite book in November. I bought this book in a whim. It's a book sale, I read a brief description on the back of the book and saw that it's written by a Japanese author. I'm always on the lookout for books written by Japanese author, especially mystery ones. This book ticks all the check-boxes. It's a lengthy book with more than 500 pages and it's worth every page. It starts slow and it takes time to develop but the pay-off in the end is satisfying. I've also written a full review of this book if you want to check it out.
Coraline Coraline - Neil Gaiman (★★★)
Coraline is a children book by Neil Gaiman. He's a beloved author but I haven't read any of his books, until this one. It's definitely the creepiest children book I've read so far. I've already written a full review of this book if you want to check it out later.



November Favorites


Books

Journey Under the Midnight Sun

TV Shows

Parenthood

Source
Parenthood was on my to-watch-list because of Lauren Graham. But I was hesitant to start watching because it's a full family drama show. I usually watch for escapism or entertainment so I prefer to watch comedy shows. Then I ran out of series to watch and decided to watch Parenthood. It's actually a good drama series. It's heartwarming and relatable. It is a sad show though. By the time I wrote this wrap-up, I was on season 5. Parenthood has a total of six seasons by the way. I started watching the show for Lauren Graham and stays for the Bravermans.

There you have it! To be honest, I couldn't even focus while writing this post. There's just so many things to do. November was such a hectic month for me. I'm still not sure about December. I haven't settled on a new daily routine. Besides, I don't bring many books to my new place so I still don't know about my reading plan/ TBR. There's a lot of uncertainty in December for me. How about you? Are you excited for the holiday season?

No comments :

Post a Comment