[Review] The Walking Dead Volume 4 - 6

Title: The Walking Dead Vol 4: The Heart’s Desire
Issues: #19-#24
Writer: Robert Kirkman
Illustrator: Charlie Adlard, Cliff Rathburn
Publisher: Image Comics
Publication year: 2009
Language: English
Pages: 136
Rating: 3/5



In this volume, the group is trying to settle down to live in the prison. Michonne is being introduced. She kind of starts a scandal here. She’s a badass, but has weird mysterious vibe surrounds her. Little known about her yet so I don’t know what to expect from her. Thank God Lori is not as annoying as before. Maybe because she doesn’t talk much in this volume. The pressure of being a leader of the group seems to get into Rick. He has a breakdown and the group decide to start a committee.
Life in prison looks promising. They even try to grow their food. I don’t know. This volume might be my least favorite of all I’ve read. There’s just too much drama involving sex. The cover of this volume should have given me a clue about what to expect though. Really hope the next volumes will be better than this one.




Title: The Walking Dead Vol 5: The Best Defense
Issues: #25-#30
Writer: Robert Kirkman
Illustrator: Charlie Adlard, Cliff Rathburn
Publisher: Image Comics
Publication year: 2009
Language: English
Pages: 136
Rating: 4/5



Whoop things get messed up. Yep. The governor is here, people. I’m dying to use curse words to imply how messed up things in this volume. Governor is a sick sick man! Even sicker than governor from the TV show and I thought the TV show governor is a sicko. What he does to Michonne, I felt bad for her. I really hope she will kick governor’s ass in the next volume. I was kind of hoping to get more back story from Michonne. Sometimes she talks to herself which creeps me out. I thought there’s some story behind that and I want to know about it.
I think Carol is losing her mind. She suggests something to Lori that I find disturbing and insane. Thankfully, Lori has the same thought as I do. So that’s nice to know. This volume is better than the previous one. Especially because there’s more conflict, *cough*governor*cough* and not much soap opera drama between the characters. I think this is the darkest volume that I’ve read yet.  



Title: The Walking Dead Vol 6: This Sorrowful Life
Issues: #31-#36
Writer: Robert Kirkman
Illustrator: Charlie Adlard, Cliff Rathburn
Publisher: Image Comics
Publication year: 2007
Language: English
Pages: 136
Rating: 5/5



This one is a page turner. I flew through it and OMG. So Rick, Glenn, and Michonne manage to escape Woodbury with some help from a guy named Martinez. The governor finally got what he deserves. But I’m not sure if it’s necessary to show everything Michonne did to him. It’s disturbing. Michonne still talks to herself, like Smeagol from Lord of the Ring. Still no explanation about that.
Ever since the zombie breakout, Rick feels like he justified every killing that he did. He literally would do anything to keep his family safe. Even if it means he has to kill people. Which makes him questioning his humanity. Also Carl didn’t really make any significance appearance before (except in the first volume), but in this volume we’ll see how insecure he is about his father affection. He might have gone insane. I can’t wait to read the next volume, since we don’t know for sure if the governor is dead or not. Another five out of five.




No comments :

Post a Comment