February 2023 Wrap-Up & Favorites

February Wrap-Up & Favorites
Source: personal collection

Hello fellow readers! The second month and I'm still on track with my wrap-up post. In February, I finally tackled my white whale. I finished a 680-ish pages book which was sitting on my shelf unread for years. Anyway, here's the list of books I read in February.

Books read in February


The Crime Book: Big Ideas Simply Explained The Crime Book: Big Ideas Simply Explained - Shanna Hogan, Cathy Scott (★★★★)
Just like what the subtitle of this book suggests, this book summarizes the history of international true crime from white collar crime, kidnapping, organized crime, to murder and serial killer. Though this book doesn't give you deep dive into each criminal cases, it gives you enough info to know what it's about. Many infamous cases are included in this book such as the origin of ponzi schemes, Japanese Yakuza, Lindbergh kidnapping, and the Black Dahlia murder. I highly recommend this book for those who like true crime stories.
A Brief History of Seven Killings A Brief History of Seven Killings - Marlon James (★★)
This book is the most difficult fiction book to finish for me by far. Unfortunately, it ends up being a book that I don't enjoy reading. I wrote a full review of this book where I explain more why I don't find this book enjoyable. Anyway, I wouldn't recommend this book for those who are not willing to commit because this book is thick (on top of being difficult to read).

Review Posts in February
Unearthly - Cynthia Hand

February Favorites


Series

The Last of Us
Here's the thing. I know that the Last of Us is adapted from a game but I don't play the game. However, I used to watch people play the game. I admit, the game does have next level storytelling. When the trailer first came out, I was actually excited. Well, the live adaptation delivers. It stirs up many emotions. One episode you could feel warm and happy inside. The next you could cry your heart out. You could even experience all those in one episode. Also Pedro Pascal, I get all the hype now.

There you have it. I'm pretty proud of myself that I finally manage to finish A Brief History of Seven Killings. Even though I end up not liking the book, at least now I know that I don't want to keep the book because it's thick and taking up space. Anyway, I'm ready to face March and tackle another big books.

No comments :

Post a Comment