Top Five Favorite Character Names

Top Five Wednesday is a weekly feature created by Lainey from Gingerreadslainey which now is hosted by Sam from ThoughtsOnTomes. All of the information about the feature can be viewed at the T5W goodreads page here. This week's topic is favorite character names. I believe picking names for your characters is not an easy task, and sometimes authors can come up with fun and unusual names. Below are character names that I like and they are in no particular order.


1. Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins)
    I think the name Katniss is cute and unique. It sounds like cat but it's uncommon among names that sound like cat, unlike Katherine.

2. Holden Caulfield (The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger)
    I also think that this name is unique and the last name reminds me of a certain vegetable's name. Sometimes I refer this name as Hold Me Cauliflower.

3. Lisbeth Salander (Millenium trilogy by Stieg Larsson)
  Lisbeth is actually one of my favorite characters. She's smart, badass, and often misjudged by people because of her appearance. Lisbeth to me sounds like an elegant lady name. While Salander is a pretty intimidating name and it sounds badass. I love the combination between the two.

4. Rhiannon (Every Day by David Levithan)
    Rhiannon is a beautiful name. I love how it sounds. Then there's the song by Fleetwood Mac. When I googled the name, I found out that it is apparently the name of a Celtic Goddess. Even more fabulous.

5. Nathaniel (Bartimaeus sequence by Jonathan Stroud & The Book of Secrets by Elizabeth Joy Arnold)
    I think Nathaniel is a handsome name. When I hear the name, I have a specific vision of how the person with this name should look like (and I love this vision, heh). Does that make any sense? It's weird, I know but it's like I have a thing for this name.

So there you have it, what's your favorite character names? Feel free to leave the answers in the comment section. Have a nice day!

No comments :

Post a Comment