Patriotism, Booking Through Thursday


So, Fourth of July here in the USA … Do you ever read books that could be considered patriotic? Rousing stories of heroes? History? Brave countrymen & women doing bold things?
What would you recommend if somebody asked you for something patriotic–no matter what your country?
Be as specific or as general as you like?

Patriotism ? I don't think I ever read books that could be considered patriotic. Heroes ? nope. History? I don't think so. So far, my have-read and TBR list is full of fantasy, dystopian, paranormal, YA, chick lit, mystery, detective. Hmm ... Could The Lord of The Rings trilogy be count as patriotic books? Anyway, I'm open to any patriotic books. How about you ? Have you read those kind of books? or maybe you could recommend me a good patriotic book? :)


3 comments :

  1. I picked "To Kill a Mockingbird" for mine http://backchattingbooks.wordpress.com/2013/07/04/booking-through-thursday-patriotism.

    I think LOFR is patriotic as Tolkein was trying to create a great saga for Britain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, I almost forget that I've just finished reading To Kill a Mockingbird. That book could be considered as patriotic too.

      Delete
  2. Right, I almost forget that I've just finished reading To Kill a Mockingbird. That book could be considered as patriotic too.

    ReplyDelete