[Review] The Book of Tomorrow - Cecilia Ahern

Title of Book : The Book of Tomorrow
Author : Cecilia Ahern
Publisher : Harper Collins Publisher

Raised in the lap of luxury, spoiled and tempestuous sixteen-year-old Tamara Goodwin has never had to think about tomorrow. But when her world is irrevocably shaken by her father's self-imposed death, she and her mother are left drowning in debt and forced to move in with Tamara's peculiar aunt and uncle in a tiny countryside village.
Lonely and bored, Tamara's sole diversion is a traveling library. There she finds a large leather-bound book with a gold clasp and padlock, but no author name or title. Intrigued, she pries open the lock, and what she finds takes her breath away—for what's written inside is not only impossible and magical . . . it's her future.


Cecilia Ahern has published a lot of books and the one that I've read is P.S. I Love You. I simply like P.S. I Love You so when a friend from Goodreads recommended this book, I thought 'why not ?'.
Tamara Goodwin (good win, ha!), a spoiled sixteen-going-on-seventeen (that's what she thought) years old girl who used to has it all. Louis Vuitton bag as her birthday present, flying to France for holiday, living in a modern mansion, all because of her rich parents. But her world turned upside down when her father committed suicide because of the debt. Her mother and she had to move away from Dublin to live with her eccentric aunt Rosaleen and her uncle Arthur. Her adventure began there. She found a mysterious book which could unveil what tomorrow would bring. She then learn the truth about her, her mother, Rosaleen, and her family.
By the time I started reading this book, Tamara caught my attention immediately. She opened the book with her mature narration, then she would tell us about her tale from the beginning. Tamara is a bold and rebellious kind of girl and I like her attitude. She likes to confront things and as the story goes, she learns to think about it carefully beforehand. Her character develops really well throughout the story.
I like the surprise that Ahern gives in the last few chapters of the book. I didn't see that coming. I like how Ahern makes Tamara tells us about her family's real story in a fairy tale telling mode. I like Ahern's view of life in The Book of Tomorrow too. Ahern's analogy between bluebottle-window and life-God leaves deep impression on me. I just love this book that it makes me want to read another Ahern's books.


No comments :

Post a Comment