[Review] The Lucky One - Nicholas Sparks

Title of Book:  The Lucky One
Author:  Nicholas Sparks
Publisher:  Vision

When U.S. Marine Logan Thibault finds a photograph of a smiling young woman half-buried in the dirt during his third tour of duty in Iraq, his first instinct is to toss it aside. Instead, he brings it back to the base for someone to claim, but when no one does, he finds himself always carrying the photo in his pocket. Soon Thibault experiences a sudden streak of luck—winning poker games and even surviving deadly combat that kills two of his closest buddies. Only his best friend, Victor, seems to have an explanation for his good fortune: the photograph—his lucky charm.

I’m one of Nicholas Sparks’ fans, biggest fan. I have read some of his works so I was thrilled knowing that one of his is going to be filmed. It appears that I had not read that work, so I read it, the lucky one!
Every time I start to read Sparks’ work I’ve been always wondering what kind of romantic story will he serve this time? And I always end up crying while reading his work. His books which I have read are a Walk to Remember, the Notebook, Message in a Bottle, Nights in Rodanthe, Dear John, and the Last Song. Those books are just great. Enough saying about Nicholas Sparks, let’s talk about the lucky one.
The lucky one is a story about one ex-marine named Logan Thibault who found a photograph of a woman when he was in his duty in Iraq. No one claimed having the photograph so he kept it. Since he had it, he always survived in every battle he was engaged. One of his friends who knew the truth believed that the photograph was Thibault’s lucky charm. After coming back to his hometown Thibault thinking about finding out who the woman in the photograph really was.
Well don’t worry, because Thibault found this woman in the photograph, Elizabeth or Beth. But it turned out that Beth’s ex-husband kind of had a bad first impression on Thibault. If you think that the story will be about a twist of triangle love, then you are totally wrong. There’s a lot more in it. Especially the fact about how the photograph was in Iraq which makes me almost cry. Almost! yap, too bad that this book did not as touching as I thought but it did teach me life lesson. Not great, but good enough.



No comments :

Post a Comment