April 2024 Wrap-Up & Favorites

April Wrap-Up & Favorites
Source: personal collection

Hi fellow readers! In April, I was trying to get back on track with my personal projects. Unfortunately, work suddenly became very hectic toward the end of the month. I'm supposed to prepare myself for my trip on May but that didn't happen. Considering all that happened at the end of April, I still manage to finish three books in which two of them are mangas. Here's the books I finished in April.

Books read in April


orange to you, dear one orange -to you, dear one- - Ichigo Takano (★★★)
This manga is the final installment in the Orange manga series. I read the previous ones a while ago so I don't really remember what happened aside of the general plot of the series. Basically, the manga follows a group of friends who befriend a new student at school. Something bad happened to this new student causing the future of this group to change forever. This manga talks about loneliness, friendship, with a bit of time travel in it. Orange is actually a sad story but since this volume is the final volume, it's hopeful because it ends on a happy note. If you read the previous volumes, you don't have to read this one. However, Orange -to you, dear one- gives a nice closure to the manga series.
Goodnight Punpun Omnibus, Vol. 5 Goodnight Punpun Omnibus Vol. 5 - Inio Asano (★★★)
The continuation of Punpun's coming of age story. Some chapters in this volume focus on this weird man who claimed himself as a God and ran for mayor. I still don't get his connection to Punpun so his pages seem useless and boring to me. Anyway, I'm still going to read the next volume so I'm really hoping that there won't be much of this weird man in the next volume.
Stay Sexy & Don't Get Murdered: The Definitive How-To Guide Stay Sexy & Don't Get Murdered: The Definitive How-To Guide - Karen Kilgariff & Georgia Hardstark (★★★)
If you've heard of the comedy-mystery/true crimes podcast My Favorite Murder, the host of that show is now venture to another media. Filled with real life experiences, through this book Karen and Georgia share some tips on how to survive this scary world. Still, with their sense of humor without ignoring the importance of the topic discussed, if you enjoy dark comedy I recommend picking this book up.

April Favorites


Series

The Sandman
This series has been on my Netflix list ever since it first came out. The series has been getting positive reviews. Even my friends recommend this series to me. I guess I saved this series for when I need a good series to watch as a pick me up. It's finally time for me to watch it. It doesn't disappoint. It's good, the world building, the cast. The dialogue is a bit too formal than what I usually watch, but it works. While watching, I got distracted by Morpheus's jawline by the way. His brooding expression kind of makes me want to laugh sometimes. He's brooding a lot when he's finally smile, it feels so wrong (lol). All in all, I recommend this series to watch if you haven't watched it already.

There you go my April wrap-up and favorites. In April, I also tried to finish those series that I already started since who knows when; like The Sopranos (but I'm not satisfied with the finale so I don't include it here), and several Japanese dramas. Honestly, I didn't even expect I was able to finish those series and books. I'm sincerely hope that May will be nicer and kinder to me.

No comments :

Post a Comment