November 2018 Wrap-Up & Favorites

November Wrap-Up & Favorites
Source
Hello fellow readers! I can't believe that it's almost the end of the year. Time does fly by. Though I didn't read much in November, I did okay in the overall pop culture department. For one I finally finish watching all of 90th Academy Award best picture nominations. I'm almost done catching up to the latest season of Game of Thrones. I finally watched the anime that's been on my to-watch list a long time ago. As a result, I only read one book in November.



Books read in November


A Night in with Marilyn Monroe A Night in with Marilyn Monroe (Libby Lomax #2) - Lucy Holliday (★★★)
A Night in with Marilyn Monroe is the second book in the Lobby Lomax trilogy. It tells a story about Libby Lomax, an ex actress turns to jeweler. She has an enchanted couch that could somehow summon iconic women from the past. If in the first book Libby met Audrey Hepburn, this time the couch summoned the iconic Marilyn Monroe. This book has what you would expect from a fluffy contemporary romance. What I like about this series besides the glamorous Hollywood icons is the humor. I've written a full review of this book if you want to check it out on this blog.



November Favorites



Movies

The Post
Source

I love journalism movies, especially the ones that are in the crime and/or thriller categories. I would still be interested in this movie even if it wasn't nominated for best picture. The Post depicts journalists of The Washington Post's attempt at publishing the Pentagon Papers. If you're like me and like watching journalism and historic political movies, then you have to watch this movie.

Anime

Psycho Pass
Source

This anime actually has been around since 2012. Psycho Pass was in my to-watch list because the premise reminds me of Minority Report which intrigued me. I guess I put off watching it because it wasn't a priority to me. Lately, I'm interested in philosophies and I heard that this show is full of it. That definitely moved its priority up on my to-watch list. It's a good anime. It's thought-provoking. Some anime give subtle idea for us to think about, this one gives it right in our face. For example, in season 2 Akane the main protagonist deliberately speaks her mind about Sybil system and omnipotence paradox. I like it a lot. If you're looking for a fun and fluffy anime though, this one is not for you.

There you have it people! I'm excited for the last month in the year as usually there will be many readathons. I'm aiming to read more and I hope I can cut down my TBR list. How about you? Did your November went well?


No comments :

Post a Comment