August Readathon Updates & TBR

Hello fellow readers!
It's August already and as I mentioned in the previous post, I'm planning to participate in N.E.W.T readathon. Since the prerequisite for N.E.W.T is passing O.W.L, before I share my TBR for the N.E.W.T I'm going to wrap up my O.W.L first.

Arithmacy : Lot no 249 - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Astronomy : The War of the Worlds - H.G. Wells
Charms : The Princess Bride - William Goldman
History of Magic : The English Patient - Michael Ondaatje
Defense Against the Dark Arts : Hyouka - Honobu Yonezawa
Care of Magical Creatures: The World of Lore: Monstrous Creatures - Aaron Mahnke

In the end, I only passed three subjects for my O.W.L so for my N.E.W.T I'll sit for those three subjects. One thing though, I'm currently living far from my parents' home and I only brought a few of my books with me and only a few fit the subject requirements. So in the meantime, I'll choose the TBR based on the available books. In the middle of August I'll visit my parents' home and I'll update my TBR then. For now, my TBR for N.E.W.T is:
*updated on 18th August 2018

Arithmacy
Acceptable: Book of at least 300 pages - Only Ever Yours
Exceeded Expectations: Book that ends on an even numbered page - Matilda
Outstanding: A book that's not a first in a series - The Ask and Answer

History of Magic
Acceptable: Book that you think would fit right in at the Hogwarts Library - Psychedelics
Exceeded Expectations: Read a book published at least 5 years ago - The Lover's Dictionary
Outstanding: A book that's at least 400 pages long - The Knife of Never Letting Go

Care of Magical Creatures
Acceptable: Animal on the cover - The Night Guest
Exceeded Expectations: Book under 160 pages - The Yellow Wallpaper
Outstanding: Includes dragon in any way - Circe

O.W.L is not the only readathon that I participated in July. From 29 July until 12 July 2018 I participated in Tome Topple readathon. I completed the only goal which is to finish Dark Places by Gillian Flynn.

Besides N.E.W.T, I'll also participate in the booktubeathon which is held from 30th of July until 5th August. I'll try to fulfill the challenge despite the limited selections on my current shelf. Here's my TBR:

1. Let a coin toss decide your first read - Summer / Psychedelics
2. A book about something you want to do - (won't do this challenge)
3. Read & watch a book to movie adaptation - The War of the Worlds
4. A book with green on the cover - We Were Liars
5. Read a book while wearing the same hat the whole time - The Yellow Wallpaper (modify the challenge and change the hat into a scarf, since I'm wearing hijab)
6. A book with a beautiful spine - The Night Guest
7. Read 7 books (probably won't be able to)

That's about it for now. I'll do an update again at the end of August to wrap up all of the readathons that I participate in.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment