January 2018 Wrap-Up & Favorites

January Wrap-Up & Favorites
Source

Hello fellow readers! Happy new year! I honestly can't believe that it's 2018 already. With new year comes new hope and of course, new goals, reading goals. In 2017, I couldn't complete my goodreads challenge which is fine by me because I made a big change in my life nearing the end of 2017. So I was busy with that. The good thing is, 2018 is a fresh start for me. I'm still doing the goodreads challenge, but I don't want to push myself really hard by setting a high goal.

Books read in January


And the Mountains Echoed And the Mountains Echoed - Khaled Hosseini (★★★)
I finally finished reading the only Hosseini's book that I haven't read. Simply put, it's long overdue. Though I don't like it as much as his previous two books, this one still leaves good impression on me. I've written a full review of this book which will be up in this blog soon if you want to know my thoughts about it.
Breakfast Served Anytime Breakfast Served Anytime - Sarah Combs (★★★★)
To be honest, I was interested in this book because of the cover. It's beautiful. So I was a bit surprised to find that I enjoyed it very much. I didn't expect it to be a heart warming coming of age story which we (at least I) could relate to. Anyway, I've written a full review of this book which will be soon.


January Favorites


Books

Breakfast Served Anytime

Movies

The Shape of Water

Source
This film has the most nominations on Oscar 2018. So of course I was intrigued to see what's with this film. I watched the trailer before and my first impression was the Shape of Water is a fantasy thriller film, the kind that I wasn't sure I was going to watch. But boy I'm glad I watched it. Turns out, it's much more than a fantasy thriller film. It's also a love story. A bit weird, considering that the main character in this film is a humanoid amphibian. Still, Del Toro succeeded in crafting a beautiful tale about this unlikely couple. I'd say, the Shape of Water deserves the Oscar. If you haven't watched it, please do. I highly recommend it.

That's all for January wrap-up. Not much reading done, but that's okay. No pressure. At least I had a great time reading them. Houw about you? Did you have a great start this year?

No comments :

Post a Comment