November 2023 Wrap-Up & Favorites

November Wrap-Up & Favorites
Source: personal collection

Hello fellow reader! We're almost at the end of the year. I'm late again with my wrap-up. I finished two books in November. I almost reach my yearly reading goal which I updated twice because I reached my goal and I think I can accomplish more. However, I won't update the latest goal. That would be overly ambitious. Anyway, here's the list of books I read in November.

Books read in November


Goodnight Punpun Omnibus Vol 3 Goodnight Punpun Omnibus Vol 3 - Inio Asano (★★★)
In the third volume, Punpun is in his high school year. This volume focuses more on Punpun's relationship with his mother. As I read through this manga series, I think it gets more depressing each time. The ending kind of breaks my heart. I'm taking a bit of a break before the next volume.
Scattered Showers Scattered Showers - Rainbow Rowell (★★★)
Scattered Showers is a short story collection by Rainbow Rowell which has nine short stories. Some have already appeared in another collection and most of them revolved around characters from Rowell's other books. The stories in this collection are mostly romance. There are stories which set during and after pandemic which is new for me. Overall they are easy to read and if you're familiar with Rowell's writing you might want to pick this up.


November Favorites


Movie

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves
The film is so fun to watch. I'm not familiar with Dungeons & Dragons, but I like the fantasy elements in this film. Although I have to do google search on some of the terms in this film, it actually encourages me to learn about the world more. I like the humor. Chris Pine is also fun to watch. The villain is scary enough so the conflict is thrilling. Overall I love this film. I hope they make a sequel of this film.

That's all for November. I have a list of books I hope to finish on December. I don't usually have plans during holiday season except reading those books I've been meaning to read since the beginning of the year and watch those films I've been meaning to watch since the beginning of the year. Anyway, I hope you all have a great time, see you next month.

No comments :

Post a Comment