June 2023 Wrap-Up & Favorites

June Wrap-Up & Favorites
Source: personal collection

Hello fellow reader! We're already in the middle of the year. I only finished one book in June. My life underwent some changes so I guess I was too busy adapting and trying to build a new routine around it. So, without further ado, here's the book I read in June.

Books read in June


The Nest The Nest - Kenneth Oppel (★★★)
Honestly, I picked up this book because of the interesting cover. It looks menacing and somehow giving some horror vibe. This is also my first time reading Oppel's book so I didn't know what to expect. The Nest follows a boy with OCD and anxiety, who struggles to cope with his baby brother's sickness. Since this book is told from the perspective of a boy with anxiety, it can be trippy sometimes. Though this book starts like any other children books, the ending does live up to the vibe it's giving. I am not sure what's really happening in the book and it's scary. The ending is scary. Also, some part of this book reminds me of the folklore Changeling. Anyway, if it sounds like something you'd like to read, then go pick this book up.


June Favorites


Series

Community

For some reason, I craved for some good comedy because I really need to laugh. My choice falls on Community. The show still doesn't fail me. If you haven't watched the show already, I highly recommend to watch it. Six seasons and a movie!!

As I'm writing this wrap-up post, I realize that in June I was too busy living life out there. I went out more, I did things that I said I wanted to do but never got around to. I also spent time with people that I actually enjoy being around with. I'm satisfied with how my June went. I'm fine with finishing just one book. Anyway, I hope next month will be even more exciting than June.

No comments :

Post a Comment