September 2022 Wrap-Up & Favorites

September Wrap-Up & Favorites
Source: personal collection

We're onto my September wrap-up now. In September I found an anime that instantly becomes my favorite. In term of reading, I only read two books but I like what I read. Let's just jump right to the list of books I read in September.

Books read in September


The Travelling Cat Chronicles The Travelling Cat Chronicles - Hiro Arikawa (★★★★)
A touching and heartwarming book about a cat owner, Satoru Miyawaki, who looked for a new owner for his cat, Nana. Something caused him not being able to care for his cat. So he traveled around Japan to visit his friends and asked for their help to adopt Nana. This is a book that I didn't expect to like so much since I picked it up merely for the cat. I highly recommend this book to read.
Tokyo Express Tokyo Express - Seicho Matsumoto (★★★)
Tokyo Express is a cosy mystery book by Seicho Matsumoto, who's a popular Japanese detective fiction writer. I thought I never heard of this author before, I bought this book because it's published as one of the titles in Penguin Modern Classics. Apparently, his other book, A Quiet Place, is on my wishlist so I'm glad that I picked this book up. Tokyo Express is basically a murder mystery in which the alibi of the suspects is very tight. The main character of this book is a young detective from Tokyo. As the title implies, Tokyo railway timetable plays an important part in this book. In general, I think this book doesn't really stand out among other similar books in the genre. What impresses me is how meticulous the author arranged the murder case. Although sometimes it gets too detailed that it went over my head and got me so bored until I was taken out of the story for a while. It's a short book but it's quite entertaining if you like crime mystery stories. The motive isn't much discussed in this book. The method takes a lot more portion of the book. If that's the kind of crime mystery story that you're looking for, then this book might be for you.

September Favorites


Book

The Travelling Cat Chronicles

TV shows

The Rings of Power
The show that I've been waiting for finally available to stream! It doesn't disappoint. The visual is stunning. I mean it. It's fun to be back in Middle Earth again because it is so gorgeous. This show is set before The Lord of The Ring and The Hobbit so it's nice to know what happened before. If you like fantasy series, you have to watch this series.

Anime

Jujutsu Kaisen
Ever since this anime first came out almost every one I know said good things about it. You have no idea how many Gojo Satoru memes going around my social media. I traveled back home quite a lot in september because my mother underwent a surgery. So I spent most of time waiting at the airport and hospital. Since I wasn't in the mood to read books and looking for something light and fun to consume, I decided to watch this anime. I get the hype. This anime is so cool. I love it. I can't wait for the next season to drop.

Movies

Jujutsu Kaisen: 0
This movie is the prequel of the anime series. It sets a year before the anime series. It centers around a character which doesn't show up in the series. It also tells a bit of Gojo Satoru's past with his friend Geto. Again, love it. I've watched twice already. I don't mind watching it for the third time. If you watch the anime series, you definitely should watch this movie.

That's it! September wrap-up and favorites. I still have October and November left to write after this. Also, I think I will put more anime title in my wrap-up because I started to watch more anime than usual because of Jujutsu Kaisen. Anyway, see you in my next wrap-up post.

No comments :

Post a Comment